Implementing Accounting Best Practice Principles, Policies, and Procedures
Whether your nonprofit organization is large or small, and no matter your mission, there are certain policies and procedures that must be invoked to protect your cause, your organization, and your community. Without prescribed controls and policies in place, a nonprofit organization can easily put itself at risk for audit issues, fraud, and negative perceptions from donors and constituents.
We’ve put together this guide to help you implement a set of internal controls for your nonprofit organization. From setting the right control environment to proper segregation of duties, this whitepaper is your resource guide to establishing:
- Documented key financial and accounting processes
- Ongoing and routine monitoring operations
- Operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Consistency in periodic risk assessments
- Reliable financial and organizational infrastructure
- Compliance with local, federal, and state laws and regulations
- Integrated fund accounting systems to maintain compliance
Download the resource guide, “Internal Controls for Nonprofits: Best Practice Principles, Policies, and Procedures,” to protect your cause and your community.