Accounting Resources, Directories, and Organizations
- American Accounting Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Association of Government Accountants
- Bowling Green Accounting Management Department
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants
The leading career center network for accounting, finance, and banking professionals.
- Certified General Accountants of Canada
- Chartered Accountants of Canada
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, UK
- CPA Wire
California Society of CPAs
- Chief Financial Officers Council
- Financial Executives International
- Financial Management Association International
- Florida Institute of CPAs (FICPA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- ICAEW Directory of Firms
- Institute of Internal Auditors, Inc. (IIA)
- Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
- International Group of Accounting Firms (IGAF)
Members share technical expertise and firm management with market know-how.
- National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA)
Centralized communications and advertising medium that includes accounting news, products, services, links, and forums.
- Abila Checks and Forms
Offers a variety of products and the only authorized source for checks and forms that are guaranteed to be 100% compatible with your Sage MIP Fund Accounting software. Call 800-994-1351 or order online.
- Society of Management Accountants of Canada
Powered by Compumentor, if offers nonprofits one-stop shopping for technology needs.
- Washington Accountants Network
Journals & Publishers (Nonprofit & Accounting)
Accounting Today, Accounting Technology and Practical Accountant
- CPA Software News
- Thomson Media
- NonProfit Times
- Philanthropy News Digest
- Practitioners Publishing Company
RIA is a leading provider of tax research, practice materials, and compliance tools for tax professionals.
Nonprofit Resources, Directories, and Associations
- Access Point
Applies online technology to help individuals and organizations. Nonprofit financial management articles also available.
- American Society of Association Executives
- Community Networks3
Community Network Surveys (as of February 28, 1994)
- CompassPoint Nonprofit Services
- Contact Center Network
Idealist project. Maintains tools for nonprofits and the WWW nonprofit directory.
- Council on Foundations
- Eskimo North Inc.
Extensive compilation of helpful computing information, as well as resources useful to nonprofits nationwide.
- Foundation Center
Collects, organizes, analyzes, and disseminates information on foundations, corporate giving, and more.
Source of fundraising information on the Internet.
- Fund Raising School
Indiana University Center on Philanthropy
National information and communications network connecting several thousand nonprofit agencies.
An easy-to-use, one-stop online resource designed to help people find volunteer and giving opportunities in their own communities and beyond.
- Impact Online
Provides information on how nonprofits can get online and begin fundraising.
- Independent Sector
National coalition of foundations, corporations and corporate giving programs.
- Info for Nonprofits- by Putnam Barber
Collection of internet links, FAQs, and a variety of other helpful resources.
- Internet Resources for Non-Profit Public Service Organizations
Compiled by Sarah Nesbeitt & Richard Truxall. A guide to the many Internet Resources for nonprofit public service organizations.
- Midwest Center for Nonprofit Leadership
Mission is to enhance the performance & effectiveness of individuals & organizations in the nonprofit sector, in the six states: Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska, Arkansas and Oklahoma.
- National Center for Nonprofit Boards (NCNB)
- Society for Nonprofit Organizations
The society's journal is NonProfit World.
A usenet newsgroup of nonprofit issues.
- The Alliance
The Alliance for Nonprofit Management is the professional association of individuals and organizations devoted to assisting nonprofits in fulfilling their mission.
- The Internet NonProfit Center
Access to information on nonprofit organizations, and donor and volunteer issues.
- The Progressive Directory @igc
- UK Fundraising
Resource for UK charity and nonprofit fundraisers.
Nonprofit Support Centers of America
Ann Arbor MI: NEW Center (Nonprofit Enterprises at Work)
Serves the regional nonprofit community by providing office and conference facilities at below market rates; nonprofit management educational programs, board development, volunteer support, and fundraising efficiency; a reference library; computer and information technology resources and the Nonprofit Consulting Consortium.
National: Compasspoint Nonprofit Services
Provides consulting services, workshops, research and publications, we work with nonprofit managers and staff to bring the best management skills and concepts to the nonprofit sector. Based in Northern California, but has national reach.