What Is a Donor Management System?
What is a donor management system?
A good donor management system should provide a 360-degree view of your donor data, help you uncover fundraising trends, and empower you to make informed decisions about your fundraising strategy.
Key Features of a Donor Management System include:
- Individual constituents
- Company or organization constituents
- Gifts and pledges
- Mail merge and email marketing
- Interactions, like phone calls and meetings
- Communication preferences
- Giving and program interests
- Households and head of household
- Extended social relationships
- Engagement levels
- Integration with online fundraising software
- Integration with fund accounting software
- Cloud hosting for anytime, anywhere access
- Mobile optimization for easy, on-the-go use
Getting Started With a Donor Management System
Implementing new fundraising technology is exciting, and when done properly, can be transformative for a nonprofit. Read, “Fundraising Quick Guide: 4 Steps to Donor Management Software Implementation,” to get your organization started on the right track.
In the Quick Guide you’ll learn:
- Role of the project manager
- Tips for good data hygiene
- Strong communication for smooth execution