Last revised March 2013
Policy Regarding Children. Abila products and services are not designed to appeal to children under the age of 13. As such, this Web site is not directed at children under the age of 13 nor do we knowingly collect or maintain information from children under the age of 13 on this Web site.
Business Information Collection and Use by Abila
Abila collects the Business Information necessary to enable us to respond to your requests for our products and services and to send you information regarding our products and services from time to time. Since most of the users of our products and this Web site are doing so in their capacity as employees or companies, most Business Information we collect will be in that capacity (rather than information about you individually, such as your personal tastes, etc.). For these purposes, we have defined “Business Information” as any information that identifies or may identify a company or an individual contact at a company or that allows others to contact a company or an individual contact at a company. When you visit our Web site, you may be asked to submit information such as e-mail address, company name, address, phone number, your product version and/or areas of interest. We may also ask you where you heard about our company or products, or for other information that will help us understand more about your needs or help us process your requests for information. In addition, we collect credit card and related payment information when you order products, services or support plans online. Our information collection and use practices are described in more detail below.
Support. We offer certain limited online support services at this Web site. If you access online support on this Web site, you may be asked for information such as customer ID, product name, product version and other information to help us determine what the technical issues are and how best to help you resolve them. In addition, certain products allow you to submit support-related questions directly from the product. If you access online support services from a product, information about your network, operating system, printer, data and program path, product type, version, customer ID, the product’s technical support information sheet, product serial number and other similar information will be automatically pre-populated for submission to our customer support representatives to assist them in answering your questions.
Newsletters. When you subscribe or sign up to receive newsletters published or offered via this Web site, we will ask you for information necessary to enable us to process your request and to send you information regarding our products and services.
Product-Related Information Collection. Abila collects certain additional information in connection with your use of our services or desktop products with online features. For instance:
- Product Updates. Some products provide you with the ability to download and register product and/or tax updates as they become available. During the download and registration process, we collect Business Information, including customer ID number and product version, type and serial number, in order to authorize your access and provide you with the appropriate update, and to update our records as to the product and products updates you have downloaded or installed.
- Account Set-Up and Access. Upon subscribing to our services, Abila collects Business Information, which may include information such as product serial number, customer ID and your customer profile information, in order to identify you and authorize your access and use of the services and provide you with your relevant account information. Certain products provide you with the ability to access your account in order to obtain information such as your support plan status, service subscriptions, registrations and order history.
- Online Product /Account Application. Certain products and services are subject to an application and enrollment process, which may be completed on paper or online. Information requested may include federal ID numbers, bank account, payroll, credit card and contact information. This information is used to process your enrollment request and, if approved, to set up and administer your account.
- Web-based Services. In connection with certain of our Web-based services, we collect certain additional information, including IP address, browser, connection speed, domain, referring URL and other environment-related information to enable us to provide a secure environment for the use of the services, to pre-populate forms and calculate aggregate statistical information about the customers using these services.
Abila Products & Services. In addition to the uses set forth above, Abila may use your Business Information to:
- inform you of product upgrades and updates and subscription renewals;
- inform you of tax, regulatory and other compliance issues with your software product or service;
- notify you of products and services that we think may be of interest to you;
- offer you discounts or other promotions with respect to Abila products and services that we think may interest you; and
- contact you for survey purposes to determine how we can better service you or provide better products to meet your needs.
Third-Party Products. Abila may also use your Business Information to inform you of special discounts or offers from other companies we have carefully selected and whose products and services may be of interest to you.
Disclosure of Your Business Information
From time to time, Abila may be required to release Business Information: 1) to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order; 2) to enforce or apply the terms of any of our service or license agreements; or 3) in special cases, such as protecting the rights, property or safety of Abila , our customers or others. We may also provide Business Information to government agencies and to our vendors, suppliers, authorized resellers and other business, development and industry partners (“Partners“) to enable them to: 1) provide us with products and services to better operate and maintain this Web site; 2) provide you with a product or service requested by you; or 3) enable them to market products or services to you. Abila also may provide information about you that does not allow you to be identified to, or contacted by third parties (“Aggregate Information“). For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of users of this Web site and the activities they conduct while on this Web site. Depending on the circumstances, we may or may not charge for this Aggregate Information. We may also use this Aggregate Information as part of the products or services that we provide to third parties and to improve our products, services and this Web site.
Services and Product Data. Business Information collected by Abila as set forth above does not include your company’s data entered in the course of operating our products (“Product Data“) or data provided by you while using our services (“Services Data“). Abila will not access your Product Data or Services Data except in the following limited circumstances:
- to provide you with technical support, solely at your request and with your permission;
- on a limited-access basis to install updates, produce regular backups or restore data from backups at your request;
- where the inherent purpose of the product or service requires Abila to provide the Product Data or Services Data to a third party on your behalf (for example where Abila makes tax filings on your behalf or initiates bank transfers on your behalf); and
- unless you opt-out, to utilize Aggregate Information derived from Product Data and Services Data to help us improve our products and services and in developing additional offerings.
Abila will not provide your Product Data or Services Data to any third party or permit any third party to access your Product Data or Services Data, except with your permission or to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order. In addition, if at any time you decide to discontinue your use of the applicable service, your Services Data will be destroyed and removed from all servers according to terms set forth in your Service Agreement, subject to applicable back-up and disaster recovery practices and procedures.
How Abila Protects Your Privacy Internally
Abila wants your Business Information to remain as secure as reasonably possible. We combine industry-standard technical safeguards with a code of conduct for those employees that are permitted to access our customers’ Business Information. When you purchase a product or service online, Abila uses SSL encryption to encrypt your credit card information before it is sent to us in order to ensure the integrity and privacy of the credit card information that you provide to us via the Internet.
Many of our Web-based services are hosted on servers that are co-located at a third party facility with whom we have a contract providing for security measures. For example, hosted Services Data is submitted via SSL encryption and stored on a server equipped with industry standard firewalls. Only authorized Abila employees, agents or independent contractors are permitted to access your Business Information, Product Data or Web Services Data.
Despite these security measures, Abila does not represent or warrant that Business Information will be protected against loss, misuse, attacks, or alteration by third parties.
Your Privacy Choices
Occasionally, Abila may send you communications to provide you with information or promotions relating to products and services that may be of interest to you, including notification of important product issues and updates. You may opt out of receiving these communications as indicated below. Additionally, we may still send you relationship or transactional messages in order to notify you of important product issues and updates, such as tax and other compliance-related matters, for the renewal of existing subscription services, to resolve specific questions or requests made by you via phone, fax, e-mail or the Web and in response to any activity completed on any of this Web site, including but not limited to, registration, ordering, downloads and requests for information.
Abila E-Mail Promotions. Each e-mail we send will contain instructions on how to unsubscribe in the event that you do not wish to receive future promotional e-mails. If you choose to opt-out of receiving promotional e-mail communications from any Abila business unit, we may still periodically communicate with you via mail and telephone. Please allow up to 10 business days to be removed from our promotional e-mail list.
Correcting or Updating Your Business Information and Contacting Abila
You can always update the Business Information that you have provided to us and/or change your preferences with respect to marketing contacts from Abila by contacting us. Please note that it may take up to 4 weeks to be removed from our mail lists and 10 days to be removed from e-mail and phone lists.
Linked Web Sites
The Web site may contain links to third-party Web sites and resources (collectively, “Linked Site“). These Linked Sites are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by Abila of the content on such Linked Site. Abila makes no representations or warranties regarding the correctness, accuracy, performance or quality of any content, service or application found at any Linked Site. Abila is not responsible for the availability of the Linked Site or the content or activities of such sites. If you decide to access any Linked Site, you do so at your own risk.
Consent to Transfer
Users located outside the United States who submit Business Information to Abila via this Web site should be aware that the information they submit will be transferred to our servers located in the United States. Your submission of Business Information to us constitutes your consent to this transfer. Although