Make strategic decisions on the go
Did you know that Abila MIP Fund Accounting allows you to go on the road without losing access to the information most important to your job? You can access key information, run reports and perform key tasks right from your mobile phone or tablet –deliver on your mission and make decisions wherever you are. MIP Mobile allows you to:
- Anytime, anywhere access – view account balances and key reports directly from your mobile phone or tablet.
- Access information with ease – quickly drill down into report information to get key information, even if you’re away from your desk.
- Stay in touch and maximize time – answer cluttering inbox requests with the ability to export and email reports, approve and deny requisitions and manage users.
- Make quick and strategic decisions – with reports and balances available at your fingertips, easily make informed decisions on how to better deliver your mission.
- Maintain security – user security settings from MIP Fund Accounting on your desktop will remain intact with the MIP Mobile app.
Mobile access is a complimentary option for current MIP Fund Accounting users. Try it today!
MIP Mobile is available for both Apple and Android devices. The functionality is available for both mobile phone and tablet users as well. Customers hosted by Abila: 1. Download the MIP Mobile app from either the iTunes App Store or from Google Play. Links to the mobile app have been provided below: Download MIP Mobile for Apple here Download MIP Mobile for Android here 2. Once you have downloaded the mobile app and you are prompted to configure, selected “Hosted by Abila” Customers who are on-premises or are hosted by an Abila Business Partner: 1. Please read our installation guide for further instructions. 2. Click here to install the mobile web site software needed to successfully use MIP Mobile *Please note that if you are not hosted by Abila, you must have an IIS server in order to properly configure and use MIP Mobile.
Version 2.0 – Released November 18, 2013 Version 2.0 provides our on-premises users with all of the new functionality that has been released since Version 1.0 in June of 2013. Please note in order to take advantage of all of the functionality in MIP Mobile Version 2.0 you must be using Abila MIP Fund Accounting Version 2014 or higher. Version 1.7 – Released November 4, 2013
- A new Tools menu has been added allowing users to complete the following actions:
- Managed User Seats lets System administrators clear occupied seats for use by others. (Please note: this functionality was previously made available to users via the Manage User Seats menu. This menu has been replaced with the Tools menu.)
- Database Backup lets Hosted customers view recent backups of their Abila MIP databases. With the release with Abila MIP Version 2014, this feature will let on-premises customers run a database backup from their mobile device.
- MIP Reports allow users to access their General Ledger Analysis Reports from their MIP desktop version directly on their mobile device.
- Abila Auto Update support has been added so that on-premises customers will be notified when a new version of the mobile web site is available.
- A tour of the Abila MIP Mobile features is available here.
At Abila we strive to stay at the forefront of innovative technology, and it is important that we work with our customers to deliver a product that our customers rave about. The mobile team provides updates of the mobile app every two weeks that our hosted customers can enjoy. Our on-premises customers will receive mobile updates with every release of the Fund Accounting 100 product. Learn what our mobile team has been up to below. Version 1.6 – Released October 21 2013
- A new look and feel to reflect the Abila MIP brand and updated product name.
- New “Welcome” screens to introduce the app to first-time users.
- New “What’s New” screen to see new features and functionality as they are added to the mobile app.
- Interactive Reports give you access to the Statement of R&E and Balance Sheet reports with drill down capability.
- Interactive Reports are redesigned for a better user experience. Use the Filter tab to set report criteria, the Results tab to view the report on your device, and the Share tab to send the report to your colleagues.
Version 1.4 – Released August 24, 2013
- Users are now able to drill down to the document level on the Statement of Revenues & Expenditures and the Balance Sheet reports.
- Users can now export the Statement of Revenues & Expenditures and the Balance Sheet reports into Excel format on your mobile device.
Version 1.3 – Released August 8, 2013
- Custom report formats for the Balance Sheet that users have previously created in Fund Accounting 100 are now available on mobile.
- The Statement of Revenues and Expenditures now shows custom report format totals including: total revenue, total expenses, and net income.
Version 1.2 – Released July 25, 2013
- Custom report formats for the Statement of Revenues & Expenditures that users have previously created in Fund Accounting 100 are now available on mobile.
Version 1.1 – Released July 11, 2013
- Users have the ability to filter the Balance Sheet and Statement of Revenues & Expenditures reports by account code.
- Users have the ability to change the begin date in the Balance Sheet and Statement of Revenues & Expenditures reports.
- Users have the ability to choose from quick date selections to view Account Balances (examples include: current month, current quarter, or current year).
- Delete user seats that are locked by Fund Accounting 100 users. This feature is available if your user ID has security rights to delete user seats in the Administration module.
Version 1 – Released June 3, 2013
- Users are able to view account balances or available budget balances, filtered by segment code. This functionality also allows drill down to the document level for current activity or for budget categories.
- Users can review, approve, or reject electronic requisitions. This feature is only available if you are a named user in the Electronic Requisitions module.
- Quick Mobile Financial Reports are available for the Balance Sheet and Statement of Revenues & Expenditures.
- Access to context-sensitive help for each page in the app.
November 16, 2013 This is a publication of Abila, Inc. Version 2.x © 2013 Abila, Inc. and its affiliated entities. All rights reserved. Abila, the Abila logos, and the Abila product and service names mentioned herein are registered trademarks or trademarks of Abila, Inc. or its affiliated entities. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
System Requirements: Abila MIP Mobile
The following list summarizes the prerequisites for installing the mobile web site. For more information, see the detailed sections of this document.
- The mobile app runs on Android (V2.3 or later) or iOS (V5 or later) devices, including smart phones and tablets.
- You must have Abila MIP, Version 2014.0 or later. The server where Abila MIP is installed must be accessible from the location where you plan to install the Abila MIP Mobile web site. You must also update your Abila MIP databases to version 2014 before you install the Abila MIP Mobile web site.
- The server where you install the web site must run Windows 2008 R2 or Windows 2012, Standard Edition or greater.
- The server where you install the web site must have internet access enabled, and must allow external access to the site through the firewall on port 443.
- The server that hosts the Abila MIP Mobile web site must have the Microsoft .NET framework, Version 4.5, Full Profile. (The installation wizard will prompt you to install .NET 4.5 if it is not installed.)
- You must have a registered domain or subdomain name (URL) to use for the mobile web site. The domain or subdomain name must have a DNS record that resolves to the external IP address of the server where you install the site.
- The server where you install the web site must not be behind a proxy server or load balancer, since that configuration interferes with the installer’s ability to verify the DNS registration of the URL.
- The web site must be a secure site (https). You must have a valid security certificate (SSL) from a trusted Certification Authority (CA). You might be able to share a certificate if your primary domain uses a wildcard SSL certificate (*.myname.com). See Domain Requirements for more information.
The mobile app can be installed on mobile devices with the following operating systems. Recommended versions might provide a better user experience.
|Operating System||Minimum Version||Recommended Version|
|Android||Version 2.3||Version 4 or later|
|iOS (iPhone or iPad)||Version 5||Version 6|
Abila MIP Server Requirements
The Abila MIP Mobile requires the following configuration for the Abila MIP server.
|Version||Abila MIP. Version 2014.0 is required for use with the mobile app.|
|Installation||The Abila MIP database must be accessible to the web site you install for use with the mobile app. See “Web Server Installation Requirements” (page 4) for more information.|
Web Server Installation Requirements
To connect the mobile app to the Abila MIP server, you must install a web site on-premises. The following sections detail the requirements for the web site installation. Server Requirements – IIS Components The following tables show the hardware and software requirements for the Abila MIP Mobile web (IIS) server. Hardware Requirements
|Processor (CPU)||2.0 GHz or faster. Dual Core or greater is preferred.Note: Itanium processor not supported.|
|Memory (RAM)||2 GB minimum|
|Network Components||100 MB Network card|
|Media||Access to the Abila Customer Support Center|
|Windows Operating System||One of the following:
The operating system must be up to date (latest service pack installed).
|.NET Framework||Microsoft .NET framework, Version 4.5, Full Profile. (The installation wizard will prompt you to install .NET 4.5 if it is not installed.)|
|Internet Information Services (IIS)||IIS 7.5 or higher (The installation wizard will prompt you to install IIS 7.5 if it is not already installed.)|
Domain Requirements Before you can install and run the web site for the mobile app, you must obtain a domain or subdomain name (URL) and security certificate (SSL) for the site.
|Server Access||The installation wizard verifies the DNS entry for the web site and that the web site is publicly accessible. To accomplish those tasks, the server must be configured as follows:
Example: If the LAN IP address is 10.170.168.78, and the external IP address is 18.104.22.168, a NAT relationship must exist for those IP addresses.
|Web address (URL)||You must have a valid, registered domain name (URL) for the mobile site.|