What’s New in Abila MIP Advance™ Version 2017.2
We understand nonprofit finance and accounting professionals need solutions to efficiently enter and manage complex finances. In this latest Abila MIP Advance™ release, we’ve built intuitive functionality for managing Bank Reconciliation processes within our reimagined MIP Advance™ web-based interface. We’ve also added key capabilities to support Accounts Receivable transactions and customer records maintenance. In addition, there are multiple new reports and enhancements within the report designer mode.
Bank Reconciliation – Quickly manage bank reconciliation processes within the MIP Advance™ web-based user interface (UI):
- View, clear, and unclear reconciling items
- Create, edit, and delete suspense items
- View and print reconciliation summary
- View cleared totals and count, by type
- Search capability for reconciling items
Accounts Receivable – Easily create and manage A/R receipt sessions, documents, and customers:
- View, create, edit, post, and delete A/R receipt sessions
- View, create, edit, and delete A/R receipt documents
- Create, delete, update, and view customer records
- Perform customer maintenance
Reports – Take advantage of new reports and reporting enhancements within MIP Advance™, including:
- Account Code Combinations list report
- Chart of Accounts list report
- Report formatting tab consistency, including output for all existing reports in MIP Advance™
New MIP™ Idea Portal – Submit product enhancement and new idea requests:
- You can find the MIP™ Idea Portal at https://mipideas.abila.com/. This portal contains 20-plus categories across MIP™ for you to quickly submit your ideas. You can also vote for ideas submitted by customers and check statuses of all ideas
What’s New in Abila MIP Advance™ Version 2017.1.1
Finance and accounting professionals need solutions that enable them to efficiently enter and manage their finances. In this release, we’ve built intuitive functionality for managing Accounts Receivable transactions within our reimagined MIP Advance™ web-based interface.
In addition, there’s a new customer information report that uses the intuitive report designer mode within MIP Advance™, backed by a scalable, high-performance report queue.
- Quickly enter and post invoices in the web-based UI, exclusive to MIP Advance™.
- Start and provide details for new AR sessions.
- Enter invoices using convenient features like distribution codes and applying offsets automatically.
ENHANCED SESSION MANAGEMENT
- Easily view posted and/or AR unposted sessions with search tools.
NEW CUSTOMER INFORMATION REPORT
- This report can be found within MIP Advance™ report designer mode.
- This features interactive drag-and-drop selection, key operator filters, and configurable layouts. Easily preview and search inside of reports with keywords.
EXPANDED ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE API
- Our REST-based API (application programming interface) can be used for a variety of integration needs.
- Available Abila Product Partner solutions can be found via the Abila Marketplace.
WHAT’S NEW IN ABILA MIP ADVANCE™, VERSION 2017.1?
Nonprofit finance and accounting professionals need solutions that enable them to efficiently enter and manage their finances. In this latest release, we’ve built intuitive workflows for managing Accounts Payable within our reimagined MIP Advance™ web-based interface.
In addition, there’s a complimentary dashboard for Accounts Payable and a vendor information report that utilizes MIP Advance™’s new report designer mode backed by a scalable, high performance report queue.
- Quickly pay invoices, print checks, and manage all of your vendors within a web-based UI, exclusive to MIP Advance™.
- Select invoices and create batches to pay all within an intuitive workflow.
- Easily generate and print checks.
- Quickly locate existing vendors, using auto-complete search.
- Add and update vendor information, including payments, discounts, and issuing Form 1099s.
- Store unique vendor details within user-defined fields and the Notes tab.
- Quickly visualize Accounts Payable financials.
- Get a snapshot of your aged payables, view your cash balances/forecast payables by GL segment, and see outstanding payables broken down by top vendors.
ENHANCED SESSION MANAGEMENT
- Easily view posted and/or unposted sessions with new search tools.
INTUITIVE REPORT DESIGNER
- This new tool features interactive drag-and-drop selection, filters with key operators, and offers configurable layouts.
- Easily preview and search inside reports with keywords.
ENHANCED REPORT QUEUE
- Organize, quickly generate, and export reports.
- Now supported within the MIP Advance™ web interface.
EXPANDED ACCOUNTS PAYABLE API
- Our REST-based API (application programming interface)can be used for a variety of integration needs.
- Available Product Partner solutions can be found in the Abila Marketplace.
WHAT’S NEW IN ABILA MIP ADVANCE™ VERSION 2016.2?
Your organization’s executives and key stakeholders need financial analysis and reports in easily consumable formats. This latest MIP Advance™ release provides additional vibrant role-based dashboarding and more accessible reporting capabilities.
We continue to evolve MIP by introducing invoice entry for Accounts Payable within our reimagined MIP Advance™ user interface designed for mobile devices.
In addition, MIP adds a new way for you to manage your workforce that enables online employee benefit enrollment and seamlessly integrates with our Human Resources and Employee Web Services (EWS) modules.
ENHANCED FUNCTIONALITY FOR QUICK FINANCIAL ANALYSIS AND STREAMLINED INVOICE ENTRY FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
- Quickly analyze financials with interactive role-based dashboards. We’ve added a new budget dashboard and launched overall UX enhancements to dashboards, including new toggle, legend, and tooltips.
- Easily navigate between reports and produce them faster with UX enhancements.
- Streamline invoice entry for Accounts Payable within a reimagined UX exclusive to MIP AdvanceTM. We’ve incorporated new auto-incrementing and vendor lookup that utilizes auto-complete technology to quickly find the result you need.
- Consume, edit, and post Accounts Payable invoices from other systems with further API (Application Programming Interface) expansion. Our REST-based API can be utilized for a variety of integration needs. Available Abila Product Partner solutions can be found in the Abila Marketplace.
- Offer online employee benefit enrollment with our new Benefit Enrollment module. An integrated companion to our Human Resources and Employee Web Services (EWS) modules, this new module equips you to offer open enrollment via a Web-based portal for your employees. Manage the initial setup and enrollment processing using highly configurable options that utilize your existing MIP HR benefit plans and employee/dependent data. Your employees are guided through enrollment with instructions you customize as they review current benefits and elect new choices from offered benefit plan group(s).
WHAT’S NEW IN ABILA MIP ADVANCE™ VERSION 2016.1?
With Affordable Care Act (ACA) reporting around the corner, and the ever-present pressures of data integrity and organizational efficiency, managing your financials is a constant challenge. With this MIP release, we focus on key changes to the system to ensure ACA compliance, along with expanded API capabilities for seamless system integrations.
ENHANCED FUNCTIONALITY TO MAINTAIN COMPLIANCE AND STEWARDSHIP
- Protect your organization’s funds with expanded alerting. Continuing to expand on the alerting functionality available to all customers, version 2016.1 includes a new alert for check writing. Should a check be written without an associated Vendor ID, selected members of your distribution list (both within MIP and outside the system) will receive a notification, and can take the appropriate action.
- Synchronize ledger entries and budget transactions with external systems. Continuing to expand the REST-based API introduced in MIP version 2015.2, Abila announces an expanded REST-based API to cut down on time-intensive exporting, data transformation, and importing activities at your organization. With budget transactions now included in the REST-based API, you can configure the API to automatically import and export budget AND general ledger transactions to other systems, whether on-premises or in the cloud.
- Stay in compliance with ACA reporting. Key changes to data transferred between MIP and reporting partners ensure your organization easily complies with crucial reporting requirements.
- Save time and keystrokes with auto- MIP Advance™ now features auto-incrementing of journal entries and other transaction types, decreasing the time spent entering transactions.
- Simple budget transaction entry within the MIP Advance™ user interface to help you create and maintain your organization’s budget in your office and on the road.