- This event has passed.
MIP “Quick Start” Training
April 7, 2016 @ 9:00 am - April 8, 2016 @ 5:00 pm
Do you have staff who have never been formally trained on Abila MIP Fund Accounting? Maybe it’s time to do some cross-training with your staff? We understand that time is valuable so we’ve designed our “Quick Start” class to get you and your staff working more efficiently on MIP.
Learn the ins and outs of the Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Budget, Bank Reconciliation and Reporting modules. Study topics include creating and maintaining user security, setting organization preferences, chart of account code maintenance, accounts payable and general ledger transaction entry, budget worksheets and reporting, plus how to reconcile bank accounts. The course will emphasize not only the mechanics of using the system but also shares the best practices of organizations efficiently using MIP. In a hands-on environment, you will learn how to create custom reports as well as basic financial statements.
Quick Start Course Overview:
- Define an organization-specific chart of account structure and create a database
- Set up and maintain user security
- Create chart of account codes
- Set up and apply time saving coding reduction tools Abila authorized partner
- Set up vendors and process accounts payable invoices
- Void checks
- Correct posted and un-posted transactions
- Process disbursement and cash receipt transactions
- Enter and monitor organization budgets
- Reconcile cash accounts
- Create basic custom financial statement