New Version of Abila’s MIP Fund Accounting Helps Organizations Detect Fraudulent Activity
Enhancements include advanced security features and improved user visibility and tracking
June 24, 2014 – AUSTIN, Texas – Abila today introduced new features to its MIP Fund Accounting solution, including functionality that allows organizations to easily detect fraudulent activity. Fraudulent activity can occur in an organization every day and fraud can be committed by the most trusted members of an organization. It is important to have the tools in place to protect organizations funds so they can focus on their cause.
“Fraudulent activity is surprisingly high in nonprofit organizations – with estimates that organizations lose billions of dollars each year,” said Krista Endsley, CEO, Abila. “We want to make it easy for nonprofit leaders to detect fraudulent activity so they can protect their reputation and ensure the money is directed at fulfilling their mission. This new version of MIP Fund Accounting gives organizations the peace of mind to move forward with confidence.”
Abila MIP Fund Accounting 2014.6
MIP Fund Accounting 2014.6 is a configurable fund accounting solution that allows organizations to report and track information that is most important to them, their Boards of Directors and supporters. This information includes fraudulent activities that could otherwise go unnoticed.
MIP Fund Accounting 2014.6 enhancements include:
- Alerts to keep organizations informed about activity within the application, including suspicious activity or key changes made within the system that may otherwise go unnoticed.
- Auditors can navigate easier with information on MIP users and their job functions. This can help make sure the right people have the right access to complete their tasks, and are limited to functions they should not. Organizations can determine how often users should change their password.
- Employees who are terminated can instantly lose access to MIP functions including transactions and reporting.
- Provides easy visibility to specific user and vendor relationships for internal investigation and audit purposes
- Custom payroll vouchers in email format provide a full digital trail to track where payroll information is sent
For more information on the new version of MIP Fund Accounting, please visit www.abila.com/MIP
Abila is one of the world’s largest providers of software and services dedicated to serving membership associations, nonprofit organizations, higher education institutions and government agencies. Organizations trust Abila software for professional fundraising, fund accounting and grant management, as well as donor and membership management. Abila’s suite of software solutions simplify and streamline processes so organization professionals can perform their best work and focus on delivering their unique mission. For Abila, it’s personal and backed by a team with decades of experience helping organizations achieve their vision. For more information, please visit www.abila.com.