Industry Embraces Abila MIP Advance: True Fund Accounting In the Cloud
Advanced reporting features, dashboards, and new API drive ongoing adoption and integration with key applications
July 29, 2015- AUSTIN, Texas – The only solution of its kind to help nonprofits navigate the complex and varied world of nonprofit accounting, Abila’s MIP Advance™ has been widely embraced and lauded by the industry for bringing true fund accounting™ to the cloud. True fund accounting is represented by a multi-dimensional and flexible chart of accounts that provides organizations with the detailed coding and tracking of all financial activities with unlimited segments or dimensions.
“We can’t imagine running our organization without the true fund accounting capabilities offered through Abila MIP Fund Accounting,” said Daniel McKevitt, chief financial and administrative officer for the Foreign Policy Association. “Due to the complexity of the funds and programs we track and manage, only a true fund accounting system meets our needs. And now being able to do that in the cloud – with anytime/anywhere access and clean, easy-to-understand dashboards and reports – has made our lives far more efficient and far easier to share data with our board in a way they can understand.”
“Organizations we serve enjoy the power and sophistication of the MIP Fund Accounting solution, but many are now looking for a cloud-based system,” said Glenn Stephens from ProSoft Solutions, an authorized Abila Business Partner. “We are already seeing a high level of interest in MIP Advance because of its worry-free, cloud-based technology and competitive pricing.”
Decades of Service and Support through the Industry’s Leading Network of VARs
Abila has the nonprofit industry’s most well-educated and experienced network of value-added resellers (VARs). Abila Business Partners are industry veterans and certified product experts, providing guidance and best practices to help organizations solve real problems and drive mission productivity. This network gives nonprofit customers access to accounting and nonprofit management expertise in their region, and within vertical markets where their expertise is critical.
Partner Marketplace and Open API
In addition to the native reporting tools and dashboards already found in MIP Advance, the new open API from Abila allows partners in Abila’s Partner Ecosystem to quickly and easily design tools and products that fully integrate with MIP Advance. Ten new partners have recently joined the Partner Ecosystem and showcase their offerings in the Abila Marketplace.
“In many ways, MIP Advance is a game changer for nonprofit organizations,” said Jan Skinner, director of business development for AvidXchange. “Organizations can now tap into the power of a true fund accounting solution built for nonprofit organizations in the cloud with anytime access. The new API from Abila allows us to simply and easily integrate our cloud-based AP and Payment Automation solution into MIP Advance, creating a seamless experience for customers. This ultimately empowers nonprofits with 24/7 visibility to invoice and payment status and approvals, reduced operating costs, enhanced fraud protection, and facilitation of 100% of payments – regardless of vendor preference. ”
True Fund Accounting™ in the Cloud
MIP Advance is a sophisticated, cloud-based true fund accounting solution that delivers powerful reporting, analytics, and dashboards to help nonprofit professionals tell their financial story with ease.
“We’re proud to continue delivering innovation to nonprofit organizations that drives the important work they do,” said Krista Endsley, chief executive officer of Abila. “We want to continue to play a vital role in helping organizations deliver on their missions and focus on the work that matters. MIP Advance delivers both sophistication and simplicity to our clients by taking nonprofit financial management to new levels.”
As announced early this year, key features of MIP Advance™ include:
- True Fund Accounting: Purpose-built for nonprofits with a deep, rich history, MIP Fund Accounting is the gold standard for accounting in the nonprofit sector helping organizations breeze through audit processes.
- Analysis and Reporting: Robust analytics tools and role-based dashboards help organizations harness important data, and find, report, and track data that is most important to each audience.
- Drive Mission: With true fund accounting, leaders can focus on leading and managing the organization versus coping with cobbled-together data and workarounds to stay compliant or within controls.
- Cloud-Based, Agile Development: Ongoing product development and upgrades mean no disruption to accounting efforts. Access data anytime, anywhere, on any device.
- APIs for Secure Integration: With secure, open APIs, organizations can bypass integration headaches and focus on growing their organization by integrating with other key applications that meet their needs. With MIP Advance, organizations can have industry-leading integration with Abila Elevate, Abila Fundraising 50, and Abila Fundraising Online, as well as other fundraising products offered by companies that believe in the power of open integration.
To learn more about MIP Advance please visit: www.abila.com/mipadvance.
Abila is the leading provider of software and services to nonprofits, associations, and governmental entities that help them improve decision making, execute with greater precision, increase engagement, and generate more revenue. With Abila solutions, association and nonprofit professionals can use data and personal insight to make better financial and strategic decisions, enhance member and donor engagement and value, operate more efficiently and effectively, and increase revenue to better activate their mission. Abila combines decades of industry insight with technology know-how to serve more than 8,000 customers across North America. For more information, please visit www.abila.com.