Abila User and Developer Conference Brings Together Association and Nonprofit Leaders for Collaboration on Today’s Issues and Trends
AUDC 2016 attendees leave inspired and ready to further their mission.
March 10, 2016 – AUSTIN, Texas – Abila hosted its annual Abila User and Developer Conference (AUDC) March 3-5, at the JW Marriott in Austin, Texas. The three-day event brought together more than 1,100 leaders from both the association and nonprofit sectors to network, share best practices, and learn about the latest industry trends to help improve decision making and better engage members and constituents.
Abila strategic partners, Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) and American Society of Association Executives (ASAE), kicked off day one of the conference with the brand new Leadership Series. Michael Delzotti, AFP International Board Member and Chair of the AFP Political Action Committee, dove into giving trends and their potential implications, and the importance of advocating for the nonprofit industry. ASAE’s chief information officer, Reggie Henry, shared technology strategies for transforming today’s association to engage tomorrow’s members.
During the opening keynote, Abila’s chief executive officer, Krista Endsley, and senior vice president of product management, Erin Shy, laid out the vision for Abila’s product portfolio to help nonprofits better tell their story and provide a better experience for their members, donors, and stakeholders. They were joined on stage by a client panel for an interactive discussion about the biggest issues impacting nonprofits and associations including, changing expectations, shifting demographics, and the election year.
Roy Spence, cofounder and chairman of advertising giant GSD&M, delivered the guest keynote presentation about the power of “Purpose,” and the importance of running a purposeful organization. Spence is also cofounder and chief executive officer of The Purpose Institute.
Abila also honored seven clients with its annual Abila Excellence Awards:
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) for re-launching its online community, which expanded its reach to approximately 20,500 members and resulted in a 48 percent increase in average monthly postings.
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA) for integrating several member-facing systems to create a seamless engagement experience and data sync to reduce staff work.
- American Chemical Society (ACS) for implementing a new global solution for targeting membership promotions, and payment model to specific regions based on IP address location.
- Industrial Fabrics Association International (IFAI) for its transition to an online application and recertification system with a high level of applicant self-service and process transparency from its previous paper-based process.
- National Older Worker Career Center (NOWCC) for increasing transparency and efficiency when creating financial statements for its 150 cost centers, cutting processing time from three days to several minutes, with no errors.
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. (AKA) for designing a new process to import data from its regional organizations to the national member database to provide better insight into a member’s full engagement.
- American Geophysical Union (AGU) for creating a customer database of record to track all interactions of more than 300,000 customers and 60,000 members to provide better insight and user experiences.
AUDC 2017 will be held April 10-12, 2017 in Nashville, Tennessee.
Abila is the leading provider of software and services to associations and nonprofit organizations that help them improve decision making, execute with greater precision, increase engagement, and generate more revenue. With Abila solutions, association and nonprofit professionals can use data and personal insight to improve financial and strategic decision making, enhance member and donor engagement and value, operate more efficiently and effectively, and increase revenue to better activate their mission. Abila combines decades of industry insight with technology know-how to serve nearly 8,000 clients across North America. For more information, please visit www.abila.com.